At Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness of NYC we use platelet rich plasma (PRP) for hair loss and hair growth treatment. This is a New Hair Loss Cure for men and women. PRP therapy is one of the promising treatment modality for hair growth restoration and promotion.
What Causes Hair Loss?
Hair loss has always been considered a male problem; however, statistics show that women are also likely to lose their hair as they age. The majority of women who lose their hair notice it in their 50s, but it might happen at any age and is affected by different reasons.
The causes of hair loss are different, and the most common ones are listed below:
- Unbalanced diet
- Physical or emotional stress
- Hormonal imbalances
- Absence of proper hair care
- Autoimmune disorders
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, it is normal for women to lose approximately 50–100 strands of hair each day. These old shedding hairs are usually replaced with the new ones. If you notice that your hairbrush and your shower has more shed hair than it used to, you might need to investigate what is causing you to loose hair.
How Hair Loss Can Be Prevented? Promising Hair Loss Cure
Our diet and lifestyle play a significant role in how our hair feels and looks. It is important to make sure to consume foods that are high in minerals and vitamins, such as selenium, vitamins A, E, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Sometimes, problems with hair may be a result of underlying hormonal imbalances, which we discussed previously. In many cases, once hormonal levels are restored, skin and hair texture improves automatically.
Sometimes it can be a stressful lifestyle or life changing events such as pregnancy, surgery, or other chronic medical conditions that cause a person to lose her hair. Regardless of the reason, it is important to always address underlying problems and follow the simple hair-care strategies listed below:
- Keep your hair clean. Our hair is very absorbent, and it attracts and holds molecules of polluted substances from the air. Washing your hair helps to remove the chemicals that you might have absorbed from the air and to prevent them being absorbed into your system.
- Treat your hair gently. Avoid over-processing and overheating your hair. Chemicals in hair coloring and high heat settings on your flat or curling iron can damage your hair, causing changes in your hair texture and hair loss. Choose natural and organic hair coloring products with fewer chemicals in them. Give color holidays to your hair by changing your hairstyle and color back to your natural looks, and don’t color your hair for several months. Treat your hair with nourishing and soothing creams or oil treatments to revitalize and to support your hair.
- Protect your hair from damage caused by direct sun exposure. Sun exposure can cause damage to protein in your hair called keratin, which will make your hair thinner and more breakable. Choose hair-care products that are free of chemicals and contain sunscreen.
How does PRP work?
PRP is a relatively new hair growth & cure treatment used for men and women with hair loss. PRP is a minimally invasive, nonsurgical therapeutic option available to people with hair loss.
PRP- Platelet Rich Plasma is a concentrated autologous preparation of platelets in a small volume of plasma, containing approximately 3-5 times the amount of platelets and associated growth factors then found in the regular blood.
Platelets are active components of natural healing process. When activated platelets release growth factors and these molecules are responsible in activating and regulating the healing process in our body. Platelets release components such as Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF), Platelet Derived Growth Factor (PDGF), Transforming Growth Factor (TGF) among other bioactive components.
The activated platelets cause inflammation, angiogenesis, cell proliferation and tissue regenerative process. For the last 15-20 years PRP therapy has been used effectively as a medical treatment in orthopedic injuries, neurosurgery, plastic and cosmetic surgery among others. Resent studies conducted internationally recognize PRP therapy as one of the promising treatment modality for hair growth restoration, hair loss cure and promotion.
The evidence in the studies supports that the growth factors contained in a PRP are responsible to help to stimulate hair follicle growth.
How Is PRP Procedure Performed?
At the Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness the PRP Hair Restoration and hair loss cure procedure is performed by a certified medical professional in a clinical setting.
- A blood sample from your body is obtained ( similar to a regular blood test procedure), and prepared by spinning it in a special centrifuge machine. The specimen obtained is a liquid with the highly concentrated platelet rich plasma, which contains many growths factors.
- Your scalp is prepared with a special microneedle therapy, and the platelet rich liquid is injected into your scalp under local anesthesia.
After the procedure your hair will be cleaned and you would be able to return home or work immediately. Anesthetic medication used to numb the skin is not sedating, and you will be able to drive or use machinery safely.
Is PRP For Me?
Even though there is no guarantee that PRP treatment has absolute effectiveness in hair restoration, hair loss cure, preliminary result of the studies has promising results. PRP is considered a safe a natural treatment since it utilizes the platelets from your own body and there is minimal chance of developing an allergic reaction.
PRP is considered effective for people with live hair follicles. If your hair follicles are damaged or lost, this procedure is not for you. PRP is also contraindicated for people with a history of diabetes, blood-clotting disorder, active infection of the scalp, a history of shingles, or those taking immunosuppressant and blood-thinning medications.
This procedure needs to be performed several times ( we recommend at least 3 procedures), every three to four weeks to be effective. PRP treatments can help create new blood vessels in your scalp and stimulate hair growth.
PRP is considered relatively safe and does not cause allergic or hypersensitive reactions. After the treatment, you might experience a mild inflammatory response at the procedure site, which might cause tenderness of your scalp for several days.
Can It Be Used With Other Therapies?
Absolutely. In fact PRP therapy might be more successful if used with other nonsurgical approaches such as Minoxidil and DHT blocker therapies. PRP therapy could also be an alternative option for those who are not candidates to perform more invasive surgical procedures for hair restoration and hair loss cure.
Dr. Fazylova and Staff at Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness strive to provide a holistic and individualized care to help you on your journey to a better health and vibrant appearance.
Do you have questions? To receive more information and to learn if you are a candidate for a PRP Hair Loss Treatment, please contact Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness. If you would like to schedule an appointment with the top PRP Hair Loss Restoration Treatment and Hair loss cure Specialist in Midtown NYC, Dr. Natalya Fazylova, please call our office.
Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness
NYC Holistic Health & Wellness Specialist
903 Lexington Avenue, Suite 1A
New York, New York 10065