At ReBalance, we use platelet rich plasma (PRP) for hair restoration and hair loss treatment. This PRP procedure is a new Hair Loss Cure in New York for men and women that has a beneficial role in hair regrowth. PRP injection therapy is one of the new promising hair loss treatment modalities for hair growth restoration and promotion. PRP hair loss treatment can significantly improve hair density, increase the number of follicles and epidermis thickness without major side effects.
What Causes Hair Loss?
Sign up to get a 15% PRP hair loss treatment discount
Hair loss (also known as alopecia) has always been considered a male problem; however, statistics show that women are also likely to lose their hair as they age. The majority of women who lose their hair notice it in their 50s, but it might happen at any age and is affected by different reasons.
The causes of hair loss are different, and the most common ones are listed below:
- Unbalanced diet
- Physical or emotional stress
- Hormonal imbalances
- Absence of proper hair care
- Autoimmune disorders
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, it is normal for women to lose approximately 50–100 strands of hair each day. These old shedding hairs are usually replaced with the new ones. If you notice that your hairbrush and your shower have more shed hair than it used to, you might need to investigate what is causing you to lose hair.
How Hair Loss Can Be Prevented? Promising Hair Loss Cure
Our diet and lifestyle play a significant role in how our hair feels and looks. It is important to make sure to consume foods that are high in minerals and vitamins, such as selenium, vitamins A, E, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Sometimes, problems with hair may be a result of underlying hormonal imbalances, which we discussed previously. In many cases, once hormonal levels are restored, skin and hair texture improves automatically.
Sometimes it can be a stressful lifestyle or life-changing events such as pregnancy, surgery, or other chronic medical conditions that cause a person to lose her hair. Regardless of the reason, it is important to always address underlying problems and follow the simple hair-care strategies listed below:
- Keep your hair clean. Our hair is very absorbent, and it attracts and holds molecules of polluted substances from the air. Washing your hair helps to remove the chemicals that you might have absorbed from the air and to prevent them from being absorbed into your system.
- Treat your hair gently. Avoid over-processing and overheating your hair. Chemicals in hair coloring and high heat settings on your flat or curling iron can damage your hair, causing changes in your hair texture and hair loss. Choose natural and organic hair coloring products with fewer chemicals in them. Give color holidays to your hair by changing your hairstyle and color back to your natural looks, and don’t color your hair for several months. Treat your hair with nourishing and soothing creams or oil treatments to revitalize and to support your hair.
- Protect your hair from damage caused by direct sun exposure. Sun exposure can cause damage to protein in your hair called keratin, which will make your hair thinner and more breakable. Choose hair-care products that are free of chemicals and contain sunscreen.
How does PRP hair loss treatment work?
PRP is a relatively new hair growth & cure treatment used for men and women with hair issues. This treatment is a minimally invasive, nonsurgical therapeutic option available to people with alopecia.
PRP- Platelet Rich Plasma is a concentrated autologous preparation of platelets in a small volume of plasma, containing approximately 3-5 times the amount of platelets and associated growth factors than found in the regular blood.
Platelets are active components of the natural healing process. When activated platelets release growth factors and these molecules are responsible in activating and regulating the healing process in our body. Platelets release components such as Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF), Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF), Transforming Growth Factor (TGF) among other bioactive components.
The activated platelets cause inflammation, angiogenesis, cell proliferation, and tissue regenerative process. For the last 15-20 years, Plasma therapy has been used effectively as a medical treatment in orthopedic injuries, neurosurgery, plastic and cosmetic surgery among others. Recent studies conducted internationally recognize Platelet-rich plasma therapy for hair loss as one of the promising treatment modality for hair growth restoration, PRP hair loss cure, and promotion.
The evidence in the studies supports that the growth factors contained in platelet rich plasma are responsible to help to stimulate hair follicle growth and promote hair restoration.
How Is PRP Procedure Performed?
At the ReBalance of Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness, the PRP hair restoration and hair loss cure procedure is performed by a certified specialist in a clinical setting.
- A blood sample from your body is obtained ( similar to a regular blood test procedure), and prepared by spinning it in a special centrifuge machine. The specimen obtained is a liquid with the highly concentrated platelet rich plasma, which contains many growth factors.
- Your scalp is prepared with a special microneedle therapy, and the platelet-rich liquid is injected into your scalp under local anesthesia.
After the treatment, your hair will be cleaned and you would be able to return home or work immediately. Anesthetic medication used to numb the skin is not sedating, and you will be able to drive or use machinery safely.
Is PRP Injection For Hair Loss For Me?
Even though there is no guarantee that the treatment has absolute effectiveness in hair restoration, preliminary results of the studies have promising results. Injection is considered a safe natural treatment since it utilizes the platelets from your own body and there is minimal chance of developing an allergic reaction.
PRP injection for hair loss is considered effective for people with live hair follicles. If your hair follicles are damaged or lost, this PRP hair restoration procedure is not for you. This therapy is also contraindicated for people with a history of diabetes, a blood-clotting disorder, active infection of the scalp, a history of shingles, or those taking immunosuppressant and blood-thinning medications. Therapy for alopecia should be performed by our local certified hair loss specialist Dr. Fazylova
This PPR hair restoration procedure needs to be performed several times (we recommend at least 3 therapies), every three to four weeks to be effective. It helps create new blood vessels in your scalp and stimulate hair growth and in some cases leading to a full hair restoration.
PRP for hair loss is considered relatively safe and does not cause allergic or hypersensitive reactions. After the injection, you might experience a mild inflammatory response at the procedure site, which might cause tenderness of your scalp for several days.
Factors Hindering Efficiency of PRP Hair Treatment in NYC
Some factors make PRP hair treatment not good or make it inefficient. For example, because it is a medication mostly prepared at the clinic, there are high chances of under dosing. Anything
containing less of 3x concentration of plasma is viewed as an under dose. In some other instances, strong anesthetic medications used in conjunction with this kind of treatment are toxic to the growth factors released by platelets.
The cost associated with the plasma treatment especially if the platelets are commercially bought from the stores is high, and this can lock many willing candidates out of the treatment. Although, there are many ways of separating platelets from the other blood cells. Do not compromise on quality for a lower price. Come visit our PRP hair loss treatment center. We only use an appropriate platelet rich plasma concentrations according to needs.
When considering the hair treatment, one of the most important questions to ask your PRP specialist is how and where do they prepare plasma as well as the platelet rich plasma concentrations.
The Unique Features of PRP Treatment
It uses your own blood: The most used method to prepare hair treatment solution from the blood is the use of centrifuge machine. It separates the red blood cells from platelets and collects the plasma rich in platelets for use in alopecia treatments.
- The platelets release growth factors: Platelets are rich in very many growth factors. Some of these growth factors are fibronectin, epidermal, and transforming growth factors. These growth factors make the hair restoration treatment very long lasting compared to other methods. However, since the treatment relies on growth factors, it does not show immediate results.
- The treatment can be used for a variety of conditions: unlike most other aesthetic enhancing treatments that mostly cause regeneration of skin cells, PRP has a wide variety of usage. It can be used to treat tendon injuries, skin rejuvenation, and regeneration of tissues. It is mostly used for acne, scarring, and tightening loose skin.
- Reduced risk of allergic reactions: There are few or no risks of allergic reactions because PRP is an autologous treatment. Allergies mostly happen when the introduced components are not compatible with the body system or the immune system views them as a threat to good health.
- The antimicrobial properties: The antimicrobial property is the ability to fight microbes and other disease-causing organisms. Specifically, PRP has been found to inhibit the growth of bacteria like streptococcus. This reduces the risk of developing other infections.
- It has no downtime: The PRP injections given do not affect your daily routine. You can resume your duties immediately after the PRP treatment.
Can It Be Used With Other Therapies?
Absolutely. In fact, PRP therapy might be more successful if used with other nonsurgical approaches such as Minoxidil and DHT blocker therapies. This therapy could also be an alternative option for those who are not candidates to perform more invasive surgical procedures for hair restoration and hair loss cure.
Dr. Fazylova and Staff at ReBalance of Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness strive to provide holistic and individualized care to help you on your journey to a better health and vibrant appearance.
Do you have questions about PRP injection for hair loss? To receive more information and to learn if you are a candidate for a PRP Hair Loss Treatment, please contact ReBalance of Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Natalya Fazylova, please call our office.
ReBalance of Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness
Aesthetic, Integrative Health & Functional Medicine Specialist
635 Madison Ave #1401
New York, NY 10022