At Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness, a Wellness Center NYC we help you master a balanced diet which is probably one of the most important prerequisite for a healthier you. It is an ongoing relationship between you and a nutritionist, who will provide you with information, offer educational support and help you to gradually change your dietary habits.
Integrative Health and Wellbeing at Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness. We offer an integrative, holistic health and wellness approach for a wide variety of symptoms and conditions including hormonal imbalance treatment, chronic fatigue, sexual dysfunction and weight management. Integrative health and medicine offer best practices for optimal health and healing. Discover a healing power of Integrative Health and Medicine at Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness – wellness and holistic health center in NYC.
What Is Healthy Nutrition?
Eating healthfully is very rewarding but can be confusing to do when there is so much conflicting information available.
Fad diets that are tempting and promise quick fixes to our weight;
The newest health craze claiming their diet is the only one everyone should follow; prepackaged meals and protein shakes with supplements promising the perfect balance of nutrients and calories flood both bookshelves and social media sites and often times with a hefty price tag.
It is so confusing; which one of them is right? We are all different. We have unique bodies and constitutions, and there is probably no one diet that is right for everyone.
Important: Follow a balanced diet
The points to keep in mind are that it is very important to follow a balanced diet, and we truly are what we eat. It would be beneficial to focus on choosing foods that are nutrient rich with fewer calories rather than less healthy alternatives.
Our bodies are designed to use nutrients to maintain, build, and repair our organs and tissues. It’s very important to include 6 nutritional components in our diet on daily basis:
What Is Nutritional Counseling?
Latest research states that approximately 70 percent of all diseases are caused by lifestyle and diet choices. Research suggests that healthy food choices might play a significant role in preventing serious diseases such as stroke, heart diseases and some cancers.
The goal of nutritional counseling is to help you master a balanced diet which is probably one of the most important prerequisite for a healthier you. It is an ongoing relationship between you and a nutritionist, who will provide you with information, offer educational support and help you to gradually change your dietary habits.
Who Can Benefit From Nutritional Counseling?
Many people could benefit from nutritional counseling – some might need to adjust their eating habits due to their disease processes or food intolerances. Some people might need to loose weight, be in charge of weight control or just to improve their overall health. Regardless of the reason nutritional counseling might help you to change your relationship with food and help you to improve your health and wellbeing.
Working with the nutritionist is an effective way to receive an individualized dietary advice based on your medical history, lifestyle and cultural food preferences.
Will I Have to Stop Eating Foods I Love?
Absolutely not! Healthy eating is not about following strict nutritional philosophies, restricting yourself at every turn and depriving yourself of the foods you love.
Healthy nutrition is about eating more of what is healthy and less of what is not, and eating the foods you love with some adjustments. Healthy eating is about becoming as healthy as possible and having more energy, as well as feeling great and embracing real wholesome foods.
Simple Guide to Healthier Eating
- Choose fresh foods in their most natural form; for example, choose eating a fresh apple over drinking concentrated apple juice.
- Avoid processed, packaged foods when preparing your meals; try to use fresh and single ingredient food products to cook from scratch.
- Start your day with a breakfast that includes protein, a healthy fat, and fiber.
- Include a midmorning and midafternoon snack to avoid a feeling drop in energy and having food cravings.
- Include fresh salads and vegetables to your meals—make these fill at least half of your plate.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your body well hydrated.
- Add a variety of nuts to your daily food intake; you can have small amounts of raw nuts as a snack or add nut butters to your smoothies or as dips for your fruits and vegetables.
- Try to eat non-fried fish several times a week. Use healthier varieties, which are wild caught and free of mercury and hormones.
- Become a label reader. Look out for hidden fats, simple and artificial sugars, artificial colors and flavors, and any chemicals and ingredients used as preservatives.
- Keep junk food out of your house and substitute it with healthier alternatives.
- Learn to cook healthy meals at home, or be conscious when eating out (more details to follow).
- Make healthy substitutions in your favorite recipes to enjoy your favorite foods.
Dr. Fazylova and Staff at Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness strive to provide a holistic and individualized care to help you on your journey to a better health and vibrant appearance.
Do you have questions? Would like to schedule an appointment with the one of the best functional medicine doctors in NYC Dr. Fazylova or Nutrition Counseling specialist, Kelly J. Ahearn in Midtown NYC, please contact our office.
Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness
Aesthetic, Integrative Health & Functional Medicine Specialist
635 Madison Ave #407
New York, NY 10022