Nose Augmentation Using Dermal Fillers
It won’t be an exaggeration to say that nose is the most important facial feature. But, unfortunately, only a few enjoy having a perfect nose. For most, the nose is a source of dissatisfaction and can make one extremely conscious about their physical appearance.
Are you worried about your crooked nose or are you conscious of having a bump on your nose? If that’s the case then you have two options. First, you can go for rhinoplasty. It is the surgical way of getting the nose you want. This procedure, though effective, is quite risky in the hands of an inexperienced surgeon, costs a lot and has a lot of risks and complications.
The second alternative you have is to get a non-surgical nose job done. The non-surgical nose job constitutes of getting the nose you want with the help of facial fillers.
So how is non-surgical nose job done? Are you a good candidate? Are there any side effects? All these and a lot more questions are answered in this post. So let’s get to it.
Are You a Good Candidate?
You are a good candidate for nose augmentation procedure, if:
- You have minor concerns about your nose and want to improve the way your nose appears.
- You have a flat nasal bridge. In such cases, dermal fillers can be used to improve the height of the nasal bridge.
- You have already undergone surgical rhinoplasty and you still want to make minor tweaks in the way your nose looks.
- You have a nose that is crooked or off-centered.
- You are not happy with the symmetry of your nose and if you’d want it to become more symmetrical.
- Your nose does not fit well with rest of your facial features.
- You want to camouflage a bump on your nose.
How is the procedure performed?
The non-surgical nose job involves injecting a filler material into the parts of your nose.
First, the practitioner will assess your nose and will discuss with you the changes you’d want to make to your nose. Then, he can discuss with you the type of filler material you’d like injected. You can choose between natural or synthetic filler materials- each with its benefits and risks.
The practitioner will start by cleaning the target area with an antiseptic material. He will then inject the filler material into the target area depending on the extent of changes you’d like to see.
Unlike the surgery, the nose job done with dermal fillers has a little downtime. You see the result almost immediately. The results last for up to 2 years after which you might want to get the procedure done again.
Are there any risks or side effects?
The procedure is quite safe and has minimum chances of any adverse effects. Still, you might experience some side effects, including:
- If the practitioner mistakenly injects the filler material into a vein or an artery, it could lead to the formation of a clot, which could then lead to the death of surrounding tissues.
- You might be allergic to filler material that could lead to rash, itching, pain, and swelling.
- You might establish an infection at the injection site.
- You might not get the results you have desired.
Also, on the downside, the effects of the procedure are not permanent. The effects of the filler material wear off in around 1 to 2 years and you will have to get the whole procedure done again.
To sum up, a non-surgical nose job is an effective procedure that delivers results almost instantaneously. The risks associated and the chances side effects are lower compared to other surgical procedures. However, you should contact a seasoned practitioner to get superior results.
Dr. Fazylova and Staff at ReBalance of Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness of NYC strive to provide a holistic, aesthetic and individualized care to help you on your journey to a better health and vibrant appearance.
Do you have questions about Nose Augmentation with Fillers procedure in NYC? To receive more information and to learn about best Injectables & Dermal Fillers for your skin type, please contact ReBalance of Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness. If you would like to schedule an appointment with the top Nose Augmentation specialist in NYC, Dr. Natalya Fazylova, please contact our office.
ReBalance of Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness
Aesthetic, Integrative Health & Functional Medicine Specialist
635 Madison Ave #1401
New York, NY 10022