How to restore your youthful look through the use of Juvederm products?
Aging and dying of tissues are two things that can never be separated. If you look at children, you will notice the smooth baby face and smooth texture on their skin. This is due to the presence of a chemical substance in the body called Hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid attracts water towards the surface of the skin, and this makes the skin well hydrated. It can be compared to a sponge. The more water it absorbs, the tighter the skin will be. That tightening of the skin removes creases.
What causes wrinkles and creases?
During your early years the body produces more Hyaluronic acid and as years go by, it produces less and less. The effect of this is that the skin will become less hydrated as you age. This reduced hyaluronic acid actually makes the skin wrinkled.
There are several ways to correct a wrinkled skin, but their efficiency varies. Many people believe exercising will slow the aging process and surely it does. Those people who exercise regularly will have a healthier skin than those who don’t.
You can also use beauty creams. These remove wrinkles at a faster rate than exercise does. However, exercising has an advantage in that it rejuvenates all the cells of the body in a natural way.
Another popular method of removing wrinkles is the use of dermal fillers. The most popular ones include Restylane, Sculptra, and Juvederm. For the sake of this article, we shall put our emphasis on the Juvederm products.
These are a collection of injectable sterile gels which are artificially manufactured in the laboratory. They are developed by use of hylacross technology. This ensures that the final gel is smooth and is free from any harmful aesthetic product. Local anesthetics are, however, used to make it more users friendly.
They are mostly used to remove facial wrinkles. These wrinkles may be:
- Forehead wrinkles,
- Crow’s feet wrinkles,
- Laugh lines/ nasolabial folds,
- Jaw bone wrinkles.
You can find various brands of Juvederm products in the market like;
- Juvederm Ultra,
- Juvederm Ultra XC,
- Juvederm ultra plus,
- Juvederm ultra plus XC,
All these products vary slightly in their chemical composition, but all of them give perfect results. Get more advice from an Aesthetic Practitioner in choosing which one to use.
How is Juvederm administered?
It is injected into the part of the body where the wrinkles are.
- It should only be administered under the guidance of a qualified physician or a and licensed healthcare practitioner.
- Always check needles to ensure they are sealed and are of the right gauge.
- Wrong gauge needles can get to your blood vessels; however, in case the medication is injected into the blood vessels, a reversal process should be initiated immediately.
- Its use should be avoided in patients with allergy cases or whose skins are super sensitive.
- Report or visit the physician if the redness, inflammation or itching effect does not go away within a week.
- Consult with your aesthetician if you are using other medications containing aspirin or ibuprofen.
- After getting the injection, avoid doing strenuous work in the next 24 hours and also avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
Will the wrinkles go away permanently?
Juvederm is a temporary way of restoring your skin capability to hold more water. Hyaluronic acid has no DNA traces and thus does not restore any natural functioning of your tissues. As a matter of fact, the tissues are old and cannot be replaced. The gel adds the acidic fluid into your face, and the skin gets restored temporarily.
This treatment can last for 7 to 12 month. Radiesse is more lasting filler in comparison to Juvederm injections, but they both work in similar manner, almost doing the same thing as each other.
Pros of using Juvederm
- It makes the skin smooth by straightening the wrinkles.
- It looks so natural since it is a clear gel.
- The Juvederm products contain a body friendly component to reduce pain on injection.
- It removes the wrinkles almost immediately.
- In the case of overdose or adverse reaction, there is an antidote called hyaluronidase to reverse that.
Cons of using Juvederm
- It might cause inflammations, lumps, bumps, pimples and itchy spots especially when used in people who are allergic.
- The presence of lidocaine in ultra XC and ultra plus XC can cause allergic reactions in some patients.
- It may be unsafe for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
- Compared to other injectables like Radiesse, it might last less.
- The act of injecting can be frightening to some people.
This is a product which has been tested and approved by FDA, and as such, it is safe to use as long as all the precautionary methodologies are applied.
Through the use of Juvederm products, you will restore your smooth, wrinkle-free face. This will boost your ego and confidence.
No side effect has been reported in patients with normal health conditions, and thus it can be used without fear of adverse effects.
It is made of ingredients which are found in the body naturally and thus they hardly cause allergic reactions unless in extreme cases.
Juvederm is a safe product to use as it has been proven through medical tests and also has withstood the test of time.
Dr. Fazylova and Staff at Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness of NYC strive to provide a holistic, aesthetic and individualized care to help you on your journey to a better health and vibrant appearance.
Do you have questions about Juvederm fillers procedure in NYC? To receive more information and to learn about best Injectables & Dermal Fillers for your skin type, please contact Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness. If you would like to schedule an appointment with the top Juvederm filler specialist in NYC, Dr. Natalya Fazylova, please contact our office.
Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness
Aesthetic, Integrative Health & Functional Medicine Specialist
635 Madison Ave #407
New York, NY 10022