Restylane: Types, Pros, and Cons.
Restylane is a dermal filler, class of injectable aesthetics which are used to uplift your face to have a younger look. It is approved by U.S. Food and Drug Administration board. If you are more than 18 years and suffer from no major skin disease, then Restylane can be used to give a younger look than you are now. Get rid of the puppet look on your face, remove wrinkles and restore your confidence.
Restylane is actually a product for everyone whose facial appearance shows any of the followings when examined:
- Glabellar lines
- Periorbital lines
- Perioral lines
- Smile lines
- Worry lines
- Nasolabial folds
- Oral commissures
- Marionette lines
- Prejowl sulcus
- Recessive chins
After having a Restylane treatment, you can always try to use skin moisturizing creams in order to prolong the life of the treatment. Some creams slow down the rate of Hyaluronic acid absorption into the body.
You can learn more about Restylane from their site here.
Major Types of Restylane
Their types are categorized mostly depending on the size of the particles in the gel.
- Restylane Touch.
This is the treatment gel with the smallest particles among those in the market. Due to the particle sizes, it is used in the sensitive areas around the eyes and the lips. Also, people who are not very advanced in age can use this type and get excellent results. It is injected just underneath the surface of the skin, and thus it should be massaged well to achieve even distribution. The best product under this category is the Restylane Silk.
- Restylane Perlane.
Perlane is the one which has the largest particles and is usually recommended for areas with deep wrinkles or for those people who are advanced in age. They are mostly injected deeper into the skin. They are the ones commonly recommended for lips tightening by making them a bit full. Restylane REFYNE gives the best results under this type.
- Restylane subQ
SubQ dermal filler used to restore the real face appearance no matter the age. Best to treat the wrinkled areas and the cheek bones section. The best Restylane product under this category is Restylane LYFT and DEFYNE.
Another popular method of removing wrinkles is the use of dermal fillers. The most popular ones include Sculptra, and Juvederm. For the sake of this article, we shall put our emphasis on the Restylane products.
Cons of Restylane Treatment
- If not injected to a recommended depth, they can interfere with blood capillaries and cause painful itches which leave behind black or brown marks on healing.
- As with the majority of the injectable aesthetic products, it can cause swelling and redness of the particular spots where the treatment has been applied. This, however, fades away within a week.
- It can have severe side effects to breast feeding and pregnant mothers and their babies. Thus, it’s not an all-inclusive product based on those facts.
- It cannot be used with other laser enhancement products.
- In a bid to reduce the pain while injecting the gel into the skin, the anesthetic pain release products may raise the price of Restylane.
- They can give duck-like shape lips if not administered properly which can be a big embarrassment having your lips look like a duck beak.
Find the right aesthetic product for you here.
Pros of Restylane treatment
- It’s free from any animal content and contains around 20mg of Hyaluronic acid for every ML of the gel.
- It lasts longer with no need for a re-treatment in the next 12 months.
- In addition to restoring you face figure, it helps in delivering nutrients efficiently on the skin due to the high liquid level.
- There are no allergic testing and examinations before administering the gel since it is naturally compatible with the tissues of the body. This eliminates the testing phase which can last for weeks.
- It has no side effects even if you discontinue using it.
- Their products are custom packed in optimum measures and their syringes are tightly sealed. Thus you can even purchase small doses of up to 0.4 cc.
- There are no chances of contracting animal based diseases.
- It has an antidote called hyaluronidase. Thus, an overdose should not be a cause for alarm.
Restylane is one of the most affordable dermal filler products in the market taking into consideration the time it lasts after application and side effects level. It is made of biodegradable oils and is free from bird oils which sometimes cause allergic effects on the skin of the client. When applied by a professional doctor, physician or aesthetician, you can resume your daily activities almost immediately after administration.
Since it is mostly injected deeper into the skin, an anesthetic can be used to reduce the pain level.
Patients should not flex their muscles on the face; expose themselves to extreme sunlight or excessive heat in the course of 24 hours.
Do not take any vitamins E or aspirin prior to receiving the Restylane treatment.
Also, avoid excessive laughing as this may stress or stretch face muscles.
Dr. Fazylova and Staff at Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness of NYC strive to provide a holistic, aesthetic and individualized care to help you on your journey to a better health and vibrant appearance.
Do you have questions about restylane fillers procedure in NYC? To receive more information and to learn about best Injectables & Dermal Fillers for your skin type, please contact Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness. If you would like to schedule an appointment with the top restylane filler specialist in NYC, Dr. Natalya Fazylova, please contact our office.
Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness
Aesthetic, Integrative Health & Functional Medicine Specialist
635 Madison Ave #407
New York, NY 10022