The best acne treatment is different for everyone, which is why making an appointment with an aesthetic specialist in NYC is your best bet. At Integrative Health Center, the certified integrative health practitioners approach your skin care from a holistic approach. We look at your family and medical history, diet, skin care regimen and skin type to develop a plan that ranges from personal care to in-office treatments. We offer an integrative, functional medicine as well as a holistic health and wellness approach to treat a wide variety of symptoms and conditions including hormonal imbalances, chronic fatigue, sexual dysfunction, weight management, etc.
Acne Scar Treatment
Every day you wake up and try to put your best face forward. But when you have acne, it isn’t always so simple. With acne, some days are worse than others. Whether you’re in the middle of a breakout or left with the scars to remember them by, your self-esteem can be affected. The scars of acne aren’t just physical.
Regardless of the grade of your acne, from papules to cystic and all the little bumps in-between, acne is uncomfortable. And worse than that, it makes you uncomfortable in your own skin. Of course, you didn’t want pimples for your prom. And in today’s competitive NYC job market, you can’t afford to have your confidence shaken by a breakout.
Acne… It’s Not Just for Kids Anymore
While childhood acne is already bad enough, adult acne is on the rise. You may be among the quickly growing group of people that escaped acne in adolescence, only to develop it in middle-age. Sometimes life isn’t fair.
Women over 32 are one of the largest groups now seeking to combat acne. But they’re not alone. And you’re not either. There are all kinds of ways to combat acne now! And the NYC aesthetic specialists at Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness are ready to help you heal the scars left by acne with a variety of skin rejuvenation options in New York.
Peel It All Away
Chemical peels treatment in NYC for acne scars drastically diminish the appearance of your scars. Peels are treatments that remove the rough, dry, damaged layers of your skin, revealing the soother, healthier layer beneath. Chemical peels work best on parts of your skin that are not significantly marred by acne scars. There are several types of peels available to you in our best rated NYC aesthetic center, including:
- Salicylic acid was originally derived from willow tree bark but now a purer form is chemically synthesized. It’s considered to be the mildest chemical peel available. Salicylic attacks the oil and fat that build up on the surface of your skin. Once this happens, the acid penetrates into your pores and cleanses your skin. Since it causes your skin to shed slightly, it helps diminish the appearance of your acne scars.
- Glycolic acid is derived from natural ingredients. It’s a fruit acid that comes from sugar cane and is an alpha hydroxyl. This is a light peel by medical esthetic standards and has an extremely low risk of side effects. You recover quickly and will be highly satisfied with your results. Glycolic peels work best when done in a series of three or four sessions. This ensures that as much of the damaged skin is removed as can be done safely and comfortably.
- Trichloroacetic acid peels (TCA) are the next step up. They are considered to be a medium-depth peel. Since it’s a stronger peel, you may need a couple of days to recover fully. Following your treatment, your skin will likely turn red and some swelling is to be expected. After the first few days, your skin darkens, tightens and will then begin to shed. This is simply a step toward revealing the fresh and beautiful skin beneath. This is a wonderfully effective chemical peel for acne scars. Often, multiple TCA treatments are done to achieve the best results.
- A phenol peel is another medium-depth treatment. This peel has a high success rate with acne scar treatment. It’s also used to treat coarse wrinkles and discoloration. Phenol peel actually penetrates deeper than A TCA peel. This means that you only need a single treatment and visible results lasts for up to ten years. Recovery time is longer than with TCA. But the results speak for themselves.
Scratch the Surface
Microdermabrasion and dermabrasion treatments offered in our best rated NYC aesthetic center are both techniques of advanced exfoliation that help get rid of acne scars by removing the damaged skin to expose your new and beautiful skin beneath. Knowing the difference between the two may help you in your decision to treat your acne scars:
- Microdermabrasion relies on tiny crystals to remove the top layer of your skin. These crystals are sprayed on your skin. You may decide to undergo microdermabrasion for acne scars if you can’t afford the recovery time associated with other procedures. Microdermabrasion is safe for all skin colors and types.
- Dermabrasion is an excellent treatment for acne scars. A small abrasive wheel is used to remove the damaged layers of skin. It has the ability to improve any irregularities on your skin’s surface. Unfortunately, it’s generally only recommended if you are fair skinned because it can cause some discoloration.
Shedding Light on the Subject
NYC Laser treatment procedures for acne scars is quickly growing in popularity. Lasers work by sending beams of light through gem stones to focus the light’s intensity. Laser acne scar removal is not only popular, it’s effective. There are several types of lasers used in skin care today. Each laser is unique but each is effective in their own right:
- Fractional lasers provide a non-invasive technique for targeting the deeper layers of your skin. Because of its ability to penetrate your skin, it also stimulates your collagen and promotes the formation of new collagen.
- Carbon Dioxide Laser Treatment (CO2 laser) is a type of resurfacing. It’s widely used to treat scars and has amazing results with acne scars. This particular laser requires some recovery time and it’s important to care for your skin as directed following the treatment to avoid scaring.
- Erbium laser treatment is excellent for your surface level scars. It’s results are often compared with those of the CO2 but the recovery time of the erbium is significantly less.
Simply the Best
The best acne scar treatment doesn’t simply treat the surface issues. The scars themselves are only skin deep but their effect on your self-image and state of mind run much deeper. Take comfort in knowing that you have access to the best treatment for acne scars.
The level and severity of your acne and the resulting scars dictates the kind of treatments that are best suited for you. Combined with a holistic approach to wellness, the skin rejuvenation treatments in NYC you’ll undergo at Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness leave you fully restored. Follow the instructions for caring for skin after a procedure and your skin will look so good that you’ll wonder why you waited so long.
Dr. Fazylova and Staff at Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness strive to provide a holistic, aesthetic and individualized care to help you on your journey to a better health and vibrant appearance.
Do you have questions about Acne Treatment? To receive more information and to learn about best acne treatment, please contact Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness. If you would like to schedule an appointment with the top acne specialist in NYC, Dr. Natalya Fazylova, please contact our office.
Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness
Aesthetic, Integrative Health & Functional Medicine Specialist
635 Madison Ave #407
New York, NY 10022